As I sit and think back to 2 years ago when I just started working on my business idea, hardly did I know that 2 years later I will be still be sitting here, working on a launch, so furiously. I have pivoted a million(4-5 big pivots) times with the product and though the vision remains the same, the product has been shaped by lessons we learned along the way.
I am shit scared and incredibly excited (both normal I realize now;)) about what is coming up for me and I can’t help but think that I am so incredibly glad i did this. It is like taking a free fall …an experience unlike anything else. It is really about life – not about a company or start up….If you never ever thought about it or thought about it only briefly, here is why being an entrepreneur should be on your life bucket list or not.
- You meet some of the best and most talented people in the world. And then you meet some of the worst. And then the mediocre. And then, you learn to tell them apart. (or you might never learn that part)
- You meet yourself many times over. You see your best, your worst, your mediocre. And then, you learn to tell them apart, keep the best of you (or not).
- You learn to care about people deeply. And then, you learn to not give a damn. And then, you learn, the hard way. which one of them to do when.
- It is like birthing a baby. As hard and as it is beautiful. People will pamper you when they find convenient and leave you all alone night after night with your crying baby. Hang in there long enough and the baby learns to sleep. The people who pampered you now welcome your baby and really, you would not want it any other way.
- In the end, you will have done something that takes guts. Something that few other people would ever do. And, you start to respect yourself for that. And THAT is huge.
The reasons why would want to be an entrepreneur are exactly the same reasons why you would not. It is like taking a free fall. If you ever looked at pictures of people braving a free fall and thought that this seems like an experience of a lifetime, then you should probably attempt it at some point. At least, you will have tried. Don’t think about failure, cause entrepreneurs, by definition, don’t fail. Yup, look it up in a dictionary, if you like.