Maya is the founder of Memetales – a revolutionary marketplace for children’s picture books. Memetales opened doors March 2010 and has been growing steadily in community and content.
Memetales also helps writers and illustrators collaborate through an online collaboration space. Previously, Maya worked as a software developer, architect and consultant in bigger corporations for a number of years.
Maya is Director of Education at Social Media Club, Seattle, sits on the advisory board for the Digital Arts Program at The Everett Community College. Maya is also a founding board member of MomItForward. Maya co-founded ReadingSocialMedia (@readsm) – a social media book club powered by Social Media. She is a monthly columnist at SimpleLivingMedia .
The best way to reach Maya is on twitter (@thinkmaya).
The startup – Memetales
- The Geek/Social Media/Entrepreneur Blog – Geekdance
- The Life Blog – Thinkmaya
- Social Media Book Club Blog – ReadingSocialMedia
- Monthly Columnist at SimpleLivingMedia
- Advisory Board Member at Everett Community College
- Director of Education at Social Media Club Seattle
- Founding Board Member of MomItForward
Maya has a Masters in Business from Fisher College of Business at The Ohio State University and a Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering. Before founding Memetales, Maya worked in the corporate world (Qwest Communications, Compuware Corporation, American Chemical Society ) as a software designer, developer, architect and consultant for over 10 years. Maya’s passion for technology, background and aptitude for business and a commitment to children and education is what led to Memetales.
She regularly speaks, moderates panels and training sessions related to publishing, technology, entrepreneurship, social media, education and women in technology.
Recently, Maya has spoken at
- 140tc Seattle
- 140Conf in LA – the Publishing landscape
- Ignite Seattle (April 09)
- Jeff Pulver’s 140conf in NY (June 09)
- Cool Twitter Conference (July 09)
- WordCampSeattle (Sept 09)
She is speaking at 140conf in NY and EVO in the coming months.
If you are interested in having Maya speak feel free to email her at m at thinkmaya.com
Advertising, Sponsorship and Reviews
I am insanely passionate about empowerment through education, women in technology, children and social causes at a local as well as global scale. I am also proud of how much Social Media tools have empowered women and mothers across the United States and around the world and am incredibly proud of the role women are playing in business and society today. While I do not regularly do paid reviews, I will support efforts, causes and campaigns that align with my passions. AND I will disclose all of them clearly.
Disclosures and Relationships
• I am a founding board member of MomItForward.
• I got a Walmart giftcard to host a Blowlher party (alongside Blogher) in Seattle
• I received a scholarship to Jeff Pulver’s SocComm conference in Feb 2009